Family Coaching is a community based service that promotes the stability and well-being of children and families.
Adriel is dedicated to serving children and extending these supports to biological families, helping them to meet their unique needs and to successfully maintain the biological family structure. In pursuit of this goal, Adriel will contract with counties to provide Family Coaching services to these families.
Adriel will provide a family coach who will work with the entire family with the goal of maintaining the family while providing tools and techniques for building and maintaining relationships.
Adriel will provide one or more of the following services to the family:
- Attend and participate in team meetings, make recommendations for treatment programing.
- Non-clinical in-home visits
- Non-clinical parent support group
- If appropriate, the Family Coach will link the family with others with similar goals/or struggles
- Planned activities for the youth and/or caregiver (in-home or out-of-home)
- Parent Education
- Classroom parenting training for caregiver: If appropriate, the family will be encouraged to attend parent education training in the Teaching Family Model, appropriate consequences and motivation techniques. **The training may be offered in a group setting or individually.
- Structured activities to improve family functioning
- A variety of activities may be used to help the family meet their set goals. These may include cooking as a family, role playing, recreational activities
If interested in the Family Coaching Program, please contact the regional office closest to you.
You can become a Family Coach! We will train you! If interested, contact Family Preservation Manager, Keri Black at 419-445-1980 Ext. 2110 or firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.